World Book Day 2021: Book Day is marked on April 23 every year to promote reading, publishing, and copyright. This day marks the celebration for the opportunity of reading in the library and being a book lover. On this day read the sacred spiritual books of enlightened Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj and learn Eternal Truth.
World Book Day 2021 Date
World Book Day is marked on April 23 every year to promote reading, publishing, and copyright. In the year 2021, in the current year the World Book Day 2021 is going to be commemorated on Friday, April 23. This day marks celebration for the opportunity of reading in the library and being a book lover.
World Book Day 2021 Theme
This year in 2021 the Theme of World Book Day is ‘share a story’. The people on this day should encourage the students to share a story with the society they live in. The students can read stories over video chat; read books at home, read books or magazines or create fun by making paper tents, and doing group acts with books of choice.
Significance of World Book Day
There is a great significance of the date April 23 in the literature world. The day observes the birth and death anniversaries of a few renowned authors. The world-famous writers such as William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes, and Josep Pla died on April 23 whereas Manuel Mejia Vallejo and Maurice Druon were born on April 23.
Reading is also an entertainment that involves the imagination of the reader as compared to watching videos. The reader enjoys relaxation by having a feel of the book. The innovative designing and quality of printing the book gives an additional feel of the book. Books are very much valuable for society.
How Is World Book Day Celebrated?
World Book Day is commemorated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The sequence of events are organized by UNESCO and other global organizations which choose World Book Capital for a year based on the three areas of the book trade – publishers, booksellers and libraries. This year in 2021, The World Book Capital is Tbilisi, the capital city of Georgia.
History of World Book Day
In 1995, UNESCO decided to establish a day devoted to reading the books. It was discussed in the General Conference convened in Paris, ‘to discover the pleasure of reading and gain a renewed respect for the irreplaceable contributions of those, who have furthered the social and cultural progress of humanity.’
- UNESCO chose the date as it coincided with the death anniversary of William Shakespeare and renowned Spanish chronicler Inca Garcilaso de la Vega.
- Many days were considered before reaching the date. In the beginning, it was thought to honor the author Miguel de Cervantes on his birthday, on October 7, or his death day on April 23.
- The death day coincided with the death day of William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, therefore April 23 was selected.
- Incidentally many other famous authors like William Wordsworth and David Halberstam have also died on April 23.
- In many parts of the globe like the UK, Sweden, and Ireland, World Book Day is celebrated on several other dates.
Paper Is Backbone of Books
Indian history reminds us of the record of written material on typical leafy papers. On record it is the first book developed by the Chinese in the 3rd century. That time the paper used to be thick and heavy. In earlier times papers were made by Hand from Bamboo and grasses. Later with mechanization the paper was developed through automatic plants from Hardwood and Softwood.
Also Read: World Earth Day 2021: Theme, Quotes, History, Celebrations, Significance
The coating technology has been developed to a very high level. Therefore the gloss is very high, brightness and whiteness is also close to 99. The light GSM paper weight makes the book very light and facilitates easy reading.
World Book Day Timeline
- Tablet Engravings (3500 B.C.): The first non-paper clay tablet on which Sumerians engrave their alphabet.
- The Very First Printed Book (858 A.D.): In China, a book was printed on characters using woodblocks.
- Penguin Publishing (1935): The Penguin publishing company published ten books in paperback form that were sold in stores.
- Digital Reading: The E Ink Corporation developed electronic paper in 1997. Later reading tablet Kindle was released that has a capacity to store thousands of books digitally.
World Book Day: The Numbers
- 1,207,937 – Reading sessions started on Bookly last year.
- 359,803 – Books and e-books added on Bookly between 2019 and 2020.
- 16,555 – Audiobooks added to Bookly between 2019 and 2020.
- 909,394 – Reading sessions started by female users on Bookly between 2019 and 2020.
- 350,485 – Reading sessions started by male users on Bookly between 2019 and 2020.
- 25–34 – The ages between which the most books are read.
- 80 million – Active users on popular book site Goodreads.
- 24% American adults who have not read a book in 2018.
How to Celebrate World Book Day 2021?
- Collect books on spirituality.
- The spiritual books are those written by Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj
- Download books of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj from the website Publication Page.
- Read the books and listen to sermons at Satlok Ashram YouTube channel.
World Book Day Quotes
- ”Books are a uniquely portable magic” – Stephen King
- ”There is no friend as loyal as a book” – Ernest Hemingway
- ”The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library” – Albert Einstein
- “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking” – Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
- ”I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book” – J.K. Rowling
- ”You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” – C.S. Lewis
“The Way of Living” Is a Must Read Book
The Book “Way of Living (Jeene ki Raah)” is worthy of keeping at home and reading. It can be read by the children, their parents and grandparents. The book enlightens the readers about the real purpose of human birth, what should they do and how? After reading the book, come to the refuge of the Tatvdarshi Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj and take Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Him. Sant Rampal Ji is rare among the rarest sants on the planet Earth.
4 thoughts on “Best Book for Reading on World Book Day 2021”
Thanks for your write-up on this site. From my very own experience, there are times when softening upwards a photograph might provide the photography with an amount of an inspired flare. Often however, this soft cloud isn’t precisely what you had as the primary goal and can sometimes spoil an otherwise good photo, especially if you thinking about enlarging that.
I’m really impressed with your writing talents as smartly as with the format in your blog. Is this a paid topic or did you customize it your self? Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it抯 uncommon to look a nice blog like this one today..
Hello my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with almost all vital infos. I抎 like to peer more posts like this .
I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission.