Last Updated on 21 April 2022, 1:13 PM IST | World Earth Day is an annual event which is celebrated to raise awareness about the increasing environmental pollution and the need to preserve the resources for future purposes. But only raising awareness on a single day in a year can’t deliver us results, the need for implementation is required. True path of worship given by the Almighty God Kabir can reduce the dependence on resources and thus help in perseverance of the environment and provides a way of living for the people to live with comfort.
World Earth Day Highlights
- World Earth Day Earth Day is celebrated annually on April 22.
- It is the day to highlight the degrading resources day by day and need to preserve them.
- This day first evolved in the year 1970 from the United States.
- With raising awareness, methods of strict implementation throughout the year should be taken into consideration.
- The theme for this year’s day is ‘Invest In Our Planet’.
- This day is observed by planting trees, picking up garbage and engaging in various sorts of environment friendly activities.
- With such rapid increase in the number of cases of the pandemic along with a huge loss of life and resources, everybody has realised the need to adopt a simple way of living.
- Way of living attained by adopting true devotion as per the Constitution of Supreme God Kabir can cure us from every disease and thus grants happiness.
What Is World Earth Day?
International Mother’s Day or Earth Day is an international event observed annually on April 22. This day aims at highlighting the degrading natural resources and need to find alternatives for that. With increasing global warming and such climate it is high time to shift our lifestyle towards a simple living and reduce the dependence on the resources.
This day first came into existence on April 22, 1970 in America which highlighted the shift towards industrialization and degrading resources and environment. The need to preserve the environment was not given importance in the United States before that. But after a massive oil spill occurred in Santa Barbara, California, in 1969 which highlighted the concerns for air and water pollution. And it raised concerns about what impact will industries leave on the environment and its resources.
Following these, Wisconsin Senator Gaylord Nelson pioneered the movement for the first World Earth Day in 1970 by arranging various campaigns in advance urging people to raise voice against the issue. And it gave results, almost 20 million people took to streets to show their concerns about the impact of industries over natural resources. Movements turned into milestones and it led to the formation of various acts and laws in regard to the preservation of the natural resources such as the National Environmental Education Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Clean Air Act, etc.
Soon after it went worldwide, in 1990 almost 141 countries and 200 million were participating in the event. US President Bill Clinton awarded Senator Nelson with the Presidential Medal as for the founder of Earth Day.
Theme for World Earth Day
The theme for the 52st World Earth Day is ‘Invest In Our Planet’. It clearly aims at restoring the natural resources by avoiding acts like deforestation, excessive industrialization, excessive pollution, wastage of water and other resources etc, thus restoring the earth to its original form.
World Earth Day Celebrations
This day is observed by the people of the entire globe as this day involves generating awareness about the need to save the resources for the generations to come. In this regard people practice following practices:-
- To generate awareness amongst the citizens, Government of all the developed countries conduct programmes to generate participation. Also various sorts of NGOs motivate the public by innovating new methods of increasing public participation.
- People celebrate this by planting trees, picking up roadside trash, by taking pledge not to waste water, and save other natural resources.
- Various events, plays and shows are organised highlighting the need to safeguard natural resources such as air, water, soil etc at school and college levels so as to generate the need to participate in this social cause amongst the youth.
- Developed Nations are concentrating more on Sustainable ways of development which involve limited consumption of resources.
- The power of social media is also used to generate awareness amongst the people of all the nations. A proper dedicated hashtag #EarthDay is made trending on this day to emphasize the need to save natural resources.
- This year, US President Joe Biden will be taking a Global Climate Summit on April 22-23 where leaders from over 40 nations are likely to participate.
- However, this year awareness programmes will be limited due to the corona pandemic, whatever events are expected to take place will happen virtually.
In today’s date, the depletion of natural resources is more than awareness. Awareness is just the first step towards attaining Sustainable Development, it can’t be the solution. It is the need of the hour to shift our lifestyles so as to save our natural resources before they become extinct.
True Way of Devotion Is The True Way of Living
Adopting the true way of living is a necessity in regard to safeguarding natural resources. And the correct way of living can be attained by adopting True Devotion as given by the Supreme God Kabir. It is after adopting the True path of worship, one shifts from a complex and more dependent lifestyle to simple and a less dependent lifestyle.
There is no denying the fact that a man needs resources for its survival but giving it a correct use can only come up after limiting the needs that can only be possible by gaining the True Spiritual Knowledge given by God Kabir. It is after getting through with the spiritual knowledge, one gets totally aware about the fact that life is not permanent here, so why to waste resources in accumulating more and more money.
A human life is obtained by a soul after experiencing the pain in the lives of 84 lakh species of animals, so we should make the correct use of it by attaining salvation by worshipping God Kabir, thus ending our cycle of birth and death. Lord Kabir says:-
Manush janam paye kar jo nahi rate Hari Naam |
Jaise kuua jal bina fir banwaya kya kaam ||
World Earth Day Inspirational Quotes
- “Gaining True Spiritual Knowledge can enhance the way of living and can further lead to sustainable development”
- “Depletion of natural resources can surely be reduced by creating awareness about the prime goal of this human life which is the attainment of Supreme God Kabir”
- “Earth is common to all, so we should take care of it”
- “Reduce, Recycle and Reuse natural resources to gain their maximum benefits”
- “Five elements of nature including earth are the creation of the Almighty God Kabir, so we should preserve it”
- “Take care of trees and they will take care of you”
Who Can Help Us?
Presently, Lord Kabir has sent His representative in the form of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj on the holy land of Haryana, India. He is one and only Saint present for us to provide us with the True worship and to give us the way of living we all desire for.
He has led from the front and has been successful in developing a society that has changed its lifestyle to a simpler one. Having proved that True devotion can be the remedy to all sorts of problems and diseases, He stands true on His promise of commencing an Golden era as per the Constitution of Supreme God Kabir.
The basic want of a human being is that he doesn’t want to die and he wants to remain young. And it can only be achieved by attaining salvation and thus allowing our souls by the grace of the Almighty to move to our native eternal abode Satlok where we all came from.
Although, in today’s world of technology the power of spirituality with Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj seems to be a false talk. But it is actually true, the facts and results that Saint Rampal Ji’s way of worship possess has the power to shift the entire globe for the good. Believe it to achieve it because we need it.
Content Credit: SA News Channel