Today we going to share information about Dr. BR Ambedkar on his Jayanti 2022, like what is his biography and Education? we also sharing his fascinating facts and quotes that will help you to become a nice person.
Ambedkar Jayanti 2022: Why a day to remember?
131th Ambedkar Jayanti 2022 is being celebrated today to commemorate the memories and achievements of Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
Dr. BR Ambedkar Biography
Dr. BR Ambedkar was born on the 14th of April, 1891. He was an economist, jurist, politician, activist as well as a social reformer. He committed his life towards achieving a greater change in the common faith and belief of the people about the Dalits or Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of the society.
Ambedkar Jayanti 2022: It took him years full of immense struggle in going against the mango flow of social evils like untouchability and inequality and achieving what we call today ‘Reservation System’ for the Dalits and other backward classes of the society. Read More
Dr. BR Ambedkar Education
He was an alumnus of Columbia University and the London School of Economics. He has served as India’s first minister of Law and Justice from the 29th of August 1947, to the 24th of January, 1950.
He is considered to be the Father of the Indian Constitution as he was the first principal architect of the world’s most complex and the biggest Constitution. He also established the finance commission of India. Today also, the Reserve Bank of India runs on the guidelines created by Ambedkar.
Dr. BR Ambedkar Education fascinating facts about his life
- He converted to Buddhism in 1956 and started a new thread of mass conversation for Dalits and untouchables.
- Ambedkar is credited to place Ashoka Chakra in the middle of our National Flag.
- He was an expert in 64 subjects and could understand and speak 9 languages including Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati, Pali, Sanskrit, French, German, and Persian.
- He was the first Indian to pursue a doctorate in economics outside India.
- Ambedkar’s autobiography is used as a textbook in the Columbia University.
- He was declared no. 1 scholar in the World by the Columbia University.
- This day ‘today’ is also celebrated as World’s knowledge day in commemorating him.
- Even as late as the year 1946, Ambedkar was not allowed to enter Puri temple on account of his untouchability.
- He considered Buddha, Kabir, and Phule to be his Gurus and considered knowledge, modesty, and morality as something to be worshipped.
- In the London School of Economics, he completed 8 years of study in just 2 years and 3 months.
Dr. BR Ambedkar Quotes in English
Here are some useful quotes by the Architect of Indian Constitution.
“Lost rights are never regained by appeals to the conscience of the usurpers, but by relentless struggle… Goats are used for sacrificial offerings and not lions.” -BR Ambedkar
“The basic idea underlying religion is to create an atmosphere for the spiritual development of the individual.” -BR Ambedkar
“I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved. The constitution is not a mere lawyers document, it is a vehicle of life, and its spirit is always the spirit of the age.” -BR Ambedkar
“Equality may be a fiction but nonetheless one must accept it as a governing principle.” -BR Ambedkar
“A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of society.” -BR AmbedkarDr. BR Ambedkar Quotes in English